Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A day in history


I feel today I should be looking around and taking notice of where I am and what I am doing when I learned that for the first time an African American is the President of the United States. I feel like its going to be one of those "in my day" stories that you share with your children and their children. Even though part of me is greatly relieved to have the American election over with, mostly so I can return to regular programming, another part of me its just yearning to take it all in. To take in the moment and all of the coverage so I can say I remember when America elected their first African American president. Even as Canadians we need to recognize this time and really understand the significance of this change in the government and society. Perhaps its the many speeches, photos, histories and bios I have watched, but I truly feel proud of the step that has been made.

No comments: